We are a venture capital firm investing in early stage startups, based in Tel Aviv. We work shoulder to shoulder with exceptional founders with huge dreams that once realized will make the world a better place.
- We value teams that are diverse, supportive of each other and exceptionally committed.
- We value software. We value IP.
- We value doing over talking. We are more likely to invest our capital in teams that already invested their own resources and actually created something.
- We think Global. We appreciate teams that think global from day one, and validate their thesis with their target markets.
- We are vertical-agnostic. The world is changing so fast these days, what’s a vertical anyway?!
- We have a preference for startups with Israeli founders. We were Israeli founders. We know the pros and the cons, we think we can help maximize the value of the first while working around the latter.
- We’d recommend you download “Raising Your Seed Round: A Playbook for Israeli Entrepreneurs” – our how-to guide on everything from securing a face-to-face meeting with a VC to securing a term sheet.
What does lool mean?
If you write lool, in lower-case, or turn it upside down, it kinda looks like 1001, which is a subtle hint of just how much we subscribe to the view that software is what it’s all about in the digital era.
It turns out lool is also a Hebrew word, and it means a Crib, or a Hatchery, or a Chicken Coop. In fact, we like to think of lool Ventures as all of these combined – a place where precious things are born and raised, and quickly grow.
Things We Are Not
- Accelerators are great. We are not an accelerator.
- Incubators are wonderful. We are not an incubator.
- Hamama is also a Hebrew word, just like lool. We are not one.
- We are not fond of jokes related to chicken and eggs. We’ve heard them all. Unless you come up with a really new one, in which case, by all means, we’d love to hear it
Think we can make awesome happen together? Tell us: firstname.lastname@example.org