- When you download or access content available in our Website
- When you sign up to our newsletter
- When we use the Personal Data of our service providers (e.g. contact details)
- When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., LinkedIn)
If you are our investor, and you want to know more about we use, collect and store your Personal Information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of contents:
- What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used
- How we protect and retain your Personal Data
- How we share your Personal Data
- Your privacy rights
- Use by children
- Interaction with third party products
- Log files
- Analytic tools
- Contact us
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY WE COLLECT IT, AND HOW IT IS USED
a) When you make use of, or interact with, our https://www.lool.vc/ (“Website”). When you visit our Website, we collect Personal Data submitted directly by you (such as, your full name, email address, phone number, comments and/or message and/or any data you decide to provide/supply us with) to communicate with you and to answer your query; when you download and/or access any piece of content from the Website as we may make available from time to time (such as, full name and email address); and/or Personal Data transmitted automatically from your device using various standard technologies, such as cookies, analytic tools and log files for marketing, analytics and statistics purposes.
b) When we process your job application. We will collect your full name, email address, phone number, CV and cover letter and/or any data you decide to provide/supply us with, for the purpose of processing your job application and assessing you as a candidate.
c) When you sign up to our newsletter. We will collect your full name and email address for the purpose of adding you to our blog mailing list and sending you newsletter and other communications.
d) When we use the personal data of our service providers (e.g. contact details). We will collect your full name, email address, company name, payment information, phone number, job position, address and/or any data you decide to provide/supply us with, for the purpose of contacting our service providers and suppliers and performing the applicable agreement.
e) When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., LinkedIn). We may collect your full name, email address and/or any data you decide to provide/supply us with for the purposes of answering your questions and sending you additional information related to our services.
Finally, please note that some of the abovementioned personal data will be used for detecting, taking steps to prevent, and prosecution of fraud or other illegal activity, to identify and repair errors, to conduct audits, and for security purposes. Personal Data may also be used to comply with applicable laws, with investigations performed by the relevant authorities, law enforcement purposes, and/or to exercise or defend legal claims. In certain cases, we may or will anonymize or de-identify your personal data. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our services. We may use Anonymous Information and/or disclose it to third parties without restrictions (for example, in order to improve our services and enhance your experience with them).
2. HOW WE PROTECT AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1. Security. We have implemented appropriate technical, organizational and security measures designed to protect your personal data. However, please note that we cannot guarantee that the information will not be compromised as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers. As the security of information depends in part on the security of the computer, device or network you use to communicate with us and the security you use to protect your user IDs and passwords, please make sure to take appropriate measures to protect this information.
2.2. Retention of your Personal Data. Your Personal Data will be stored until we delete the record and we proactively delete it or you send a valid deletion request, please note that in some circumstances we may store your Personal Data for longer periods of time, for example (i) where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements, or (ii) for us to have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or (iii) if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation relating to your Personal Data or dealings.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In addition to the recipients described above, we may share your personal data as follows:
3.1. We will share your data with several categories of recipients, including, without limitation:
3.1.1. With multinational cloud providers for hosting purposes;
3.1.2. With multinational word press service providers in order to help us manage our website;
3.1.3. With email providers, marketing, CRM and other similar tools;
3.2 We may use third party service providers to process your Personal Information for the purposes outlined above. We may also share Personal Data with our affiliated companies.
3.3 To the extent necessary, with regulators, courts, banks or competent authorities, to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules (including, without limitation, federal, state or local laws), and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies or if required to do so by court order, as well as for internal compliance procedures. If, in the future, we sell or transfer, or we consider selling or transferring, some or all of our business, shares or assets to a third party, we will disclose your personal data to such third party (whether actual or potential) in connection with the foregoing events;
3.4. In the event that we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer, disclose or assign your personal data in connection with the foregoing events; and/or
3.5. Where you have provided your consent to us sharing or transferring your personal data.
4. YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
4.1 Rights: The following rights (which may be subject to certain exemptions or derogations) shall apply to certain individuals (for example, Cayman residents):
- You have the right to be informed and access personal data held about you;
- You have the right to request that we rectify any personal data we hold that is inaccurate or misleading;
- You have the right to require that we stop, or not begin, or cease the processing for a specified purpose or in a specified way;
- You have the right to stop direct marketing and automated decision making;
- You have the right to request the erasure/deletion of your personal data;
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Ombudsman. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us before you contact your local supervisory authority and/or relevant institution.
4.2 You can exercise your rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly in accordance with applicable law or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request. When processing your request, we may ask you for additional information to confirm or verify your identity and for security purposes, before processing and/or honoring your request. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. In the event that your request would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others (for example, would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others) or if we are legally entitled to deal with your request in a different way than initial requested, we will address your request to the maximum extent possible, all in accordance with applicable law.
5. USE BY CHILDREN. We do not offer our products or services for use by children and, therefore, we do not knowingly collect personal data from, and/or about children under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), do not provide any personal data to us without involvement of a parent or a guardian. We do not intend to offer services directly to children. In the event that we become aware that you provide personal data in violation of applicable privacy laws, we reserve the right to delete it. If you believe that we might have any such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. INTERACTION WITH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS. We enable you to interact with third party websites, mobile software applications and products or services that are not owned or controlled by us (each a “Third Party Service”). We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Third Party Services. Please be aware that Third Party Services can collect Personal Data from you. Accordingly, we encourage you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Third Party Service.
7. LOG FILES. We use log files. We use such information to analyze trends, administer the Website, track users’ movement around the Website, and gather demographic information.
8. ANALYTIC TOOLS
- We reserve the right to remove or add new analytic tools.
9. CONTACT US. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints regarding our compliance with this notice and the data protection laws, or if you wish to exercise your rights, we encourage you to first contact us at email@example.com.